As a follow up to our 2015 HCCMO Chairman, Jose Nido, earlier announcement to the establishment of the HCCMO Corporate Procurement Group of the Year Award (Supplier Diversity Traveling Cup), sponsored by Wyndham Worldwide Corporation, the HCCMO is accepting nominations for the 2015 Corporate Procurement Group of the Year Award (Supplier Diversity Traveling Cup) to recognize a corporation that has excelled in supplier diversity. The award will be presented for the first time at the HCCMO's 2016 Installation Luncheon on February 12, 2016, to the corporate procurement group who has done the most, overall, in increasing their spend with Hispanic and other diverse suppliers, while putting in place initiatives to assist these suppliers in 2015. The winner will get to enjoy and proudly display the award for one year until the next winner is announced (see award image above).
For purposes of this award, the following categories are recognized as diverse-owned suppliers:
- Minority-owned businesses (African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
- Woman-owned businesses
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered businesses
- Veteran, Service Disabled Veteran, and Disabled-owned businesses
A corporation’s supplier diversity efforts, in the following five areas, will be considered in selecting the award winner:
- Spending with diverse suppliers
- Mentoring of diverse suppliers
- Financial assistance provided to diverse suppliers
- Training of diverse suppliers
- Diverse business community outreach
Please submit your nominations to Sebastian Sanchez, Project Specialist at: Application Submission by December 29, at 5:00 PM. All corporations that are nominated will be contacted in the beginning of the year for more details in regards to their diversity efforts in 2015.
We look forward to your participation in HCCMO’s 2015 Corporate Procurement Group of the Year Award nomination process, and wish you much success in your supplier diversity efforts in the coming year.