ORLANDO, Fla. – Feb. 13, 2014 – United Arts of Central Florida announced today that less than two weeks into the official campaign period, it has received pledges totaling more than $759,000, or
45 percent, of its $1.70 million collaborative Campaign for the Arts goal. That places the campaign
21 percent ahead of last year at the same point in time.
The 2014 campaign officially runs from Feb. 1 through April 30. This year’s campaign featured a strong early bird effort that began in late November and secured $659,000 in pledges, or 40 percent of the total goal.
“The strong forward momentum we built last year is continuing,” said Scott Bowman, chairman of United Arts’ development committee. “We are grateful for the community’s support but we have a lot of work still to do in this campaign.”
Donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and workplace giving campaigns during the three-month campaign provide funding for a range of nonprofit arts, sciences and history organizations in Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
“We need everyone’s help to reach our goal,” Bowman said. “We hope everyone in Central Florida will consider supporting this campaign. Their dollars will stay local and support more than 50 Central Florida arts, sciences and history organizations that serve our community and our school kids.”
During the campaign, donors may designate their contributions to one or more of 19 cultural organizations that partner with United Arts to raise funds during the campaign or to another cultural group of their choice. They may also give to the Arts for ALL Fund, a fund that supports more than 50 local groups, including cornerstone institutions like the Orlando Museum of Art, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, the Orlando Ballet and the Orlando Science Center, as well as school-based education programs that are often on the budgetary chopping block. Campaign donations to United Arts’ cultural partners are eligible for a 15 percent matching grant made available through the generous contributions of trustee level donors, who give $100,000 or more, and corporate donors.
“United Arts is a one-stop-shop funding dozens of organizations in a wide range of arts and cultural areas,” said Flora Maria Garcia, President & CEO. “Through new initiatives like the relaunch of our website, UnitedArts.cc, we’re providing more information about the work we do and we’re making it easier to support that work. Our ultimate goal is to serve this community – to provide interesting, challenging, exciting arts and cultural experiences for the residents of Central Florida.”
About the campaign
- The goal for the 2014 collaborative Campaign for the Arts is $1,705,840 (8.4 percent over last year’s goal). United Arts combines the individual fundraising goals of its cultural partners to determine the overall goal.
- United Arts’ cultural partners are eligible for a 15 percent matching grant made available through the generous contributions of trustee level donors, who give $100,000 or more, and corporate donors.
- For contributions of $50 or more, donors receive a complimentary one-year subscription to Orlando Arts Magazine. For contributions of $100 or more, donors also receive the United ArtsCard, a buy-one-ticket-get-one-free and discount card that connects donors to cultural offerings throughout Central Florida.
- In 2014, United Arts welcomes two new official campaign cultural partners, the Garden Theatre and Mad Cow Theatre. The complete list of United Arts collaborative Campaign for the Arts cultural partners is:
- Art and History Museums – Maitland
- Association to Preserve the Eatonville Community
- Bach Festival Society
- Crealdé School of Art
- Downtown Arts District/CityArts Factory
- Enzian Theatre
- Garden Theatre
- Mad Cow Theatre
- Orange County Regional History Center
- Orlando Ballet
- Orlando Museum of Art
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- Orlando Philharmonic Opera
- Orlando Repertory Theatre
- Orlando Science Center
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- Osceola Center for the Arts
- Seminole Cultural Arts Council
- Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center
- Donations to the collaborative Campaign for the Arts can be made at www.UnitedArts.cc
About United Arts of Central Florida
United Arts is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, governments and school districts, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, and artists. Its mission is to unite, strengthen and inspire the Central
Florida community through the arts and culture.
United Arts serves residents and visitors in Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties through more than 50 local arts, sciences and history organizations. It raises and distributes funds for these cultural groups and provides management, administrative and advisory services.
Now entering its 25th year of service to the Central Florida community, United Arts has invested more than $126 million in local organizations and education since its founding in 1989.